Friday, March 23, 2012

Cake Mix Cookies & Brownies

Cake Mix Cookies
So here's the scenario . . . I need 2 dozen cookies and a tray of brownies for tomorrow.  I'm tired and just realized that all I have is whole wheat flour and no unsweetened chocolate.  Enter in, The Cake Mix!  After a quick Google search on what can I do with a couple boxes of cake mix, I whipped together these lovelies.

For the cookies:
1 box cake mix (you pick the flavor, I had vanilla)
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil

Mix the ingredients together, adding any chips, nuts, dried fruit that you desire. Drop by spoonfuls on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Cake Mix Brownies
For the brownies:
1 box cake mix (I used Devil's Food)
1/4 cup oil
1/3 cup water, cold coffee, or milk
1 egg
3/4 cup add-ins (chips, M&M's, chopped up candy bar, etc.)

Mix the ingredients together and bake in a greased 13 x 9 pan in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is set and a toothpick comes out clean.

So, while neither of these is, "Oh my GOSH!" knock your socks off treats, they are definitely contenders for lazy days that need sweets.  Plus, kitchen clean-up was a breeze.

Enjoy!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment