Monday, September 13, 2010

Warning * * Do not Read if Squemish * *


** I warned you! **

I have never talked about poop so freely and with so many people (strangers even) until I had children.  Suddenly, it's a main topic of conversation.  But I never knew that there was a chart on which to base my poop descriptions.  Look what I found today!


The Bristol Stool Chart is described as "a medical aid, designed to classify the form of human feces into seven categories".  I am so glad I did not know about this with my first child (and I know many of my friends and family are agreeing with me) because I would have charted that baby's poop daily.  And insisted that if anyone changed his diaper, they chart it as well.  I was slightly neurotic.

But, since I have found this amazing chart (thank you Dr. Heaton at he University of Bristol) I wanted to share it with you.  Now when we talk about poop, we can use the scale and we will all know exactly what we mean!

I hope everyone has a great and, ahem, productive day!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment