Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Quick & Easy Chinese Take-Out

I just found a yummy stir-fry sauce. The kids loved it and with a couple added squirts of sriracha, it was deliciously spicy for adults.

1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tsp. seasoned rice vinegar
2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
1 tsp. honey
sriracha to taste

mix all together


I prepped everything beforehand (cut up veggies, toasted sesame seeds, sliced and cooked chicken, rinsed rice and set-up rice cooker). Then, when it was time for dinner I just started the rice cooker and brought all my prepped food out. I started with the kid's portions, putting chicken in a hot wok for a minute, adding veggies and cooking until tender but crunchy (about 5 minutes), and then adding just enough sauce to coat. After the kid's food was done, I simply added a couple squirts of sriracha to the sauce, mixed and repeated the cooking sequence for us. Since the wok was really hot, the sauce caramelized very quickly and I did not need to thicken it. But, if you like a thicker sauce, it can be thickened with a slurry of 2 tsp of cold water mixed with 2 tsp of corn starch.

I hope you enjoy it!
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment