Monday, September 20, 2010

Domestic Engineer


I have decided that my new job title is "Domestic Engineer".  According to Dictionary.com, the words domestic and engineer are defined as follows:
 
do mes tic [duh-mes-tik]
~ adjective
1. of or pertaining to the home, the household, household affairs, or the family: domestic pleasures.
2. devoted to home life or household affairs.
3. tame; domesticated.

en gi neer [en-juh-neer]
~ noun
1. a person trained and skilled in the design, construction, and use of engines or machines, or in any various branches of engineering: a mechanical engineer; a civil engineer.2. a person who operates or is in charge of an engine.

~ verb
1. to plan, construct, or manage as an engineer: He's engineered several big industrial projects.

While I am not quite tamed or domesticated, my work does pertain to the home and family.  And, as a Domestic Engineer, I am constantly using machines (coffee maker, microwave, vacuum cleaner on occasion) and engines (there's a big one in the car I drive to and fro).  Plus, I am constantly planning and managing my industrial projects, a.k.a. darling children.  So, now when asked what do I do, instead of responding with, "I'm a stay-at-home mom" or the running off the seemingly endless list of what I do, I will simply smile and say proudly, "I am a Domestic Engineer".

". . . whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31 Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment