Thursday, August 30, 2012

Spaghetti + Pizza Dough + Panini Press = D'lish!

Spaghetti Panini? Yes, please!
Come dinner time last night, it was still hovering around 93F.  Too hot to turn on the oven for the pizza that was planned and the kids weren't really thrilled with the prospects of leftover spaghetti. Cuisinart Griddler and its panini grill plates to the rescue!
I rolled one pound of pizza dough into a thin rectangle and cut it into fourths. I then put a quarter onto the preheated (med-high) panini grill for about two minutes.  I flipped it over and on 1/2 the dough, added a smear of chopped garlic in olive oil (see how I prep my garlic here), a sprinkling of grated parmesan cheese, 1/2 ounce grated mozzarella cheese and about 1/2 cup of reheated spaghetti.  Top with 1/2 ounce of mozzarella, fold over and close the press (don't press, just let the weight of the lid rest on the sandwich).  Cook for 3-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of your dough and how crispy you like it.

The Little Monkeys raved about it and even The Mister didn't mind eating leftovers (once again).  Starting to wonder what else I can put in my press . . . any suggestions?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment