Thursday, January 14, 2010

Paper Pushing (or . . . What do I do with all this mail?!)


I have a secret . . . I LOVE mail.  Letters especially, but junk mail, catalogs, anything; I just like getting mail.  My problem is what to do with it all.  I've tried the Stuff Into a Drawer and Hope it Goes Away plan.  I've also done the trick Pack Into a Box and Store until Obsolete trick.  Guess what, neither work.  So, for 2010, I resolve to handle and file my mail using the RAPID method.

R - read: things to read later
A - attend: things/places to attend
P - pay: needs to be paid
I - important: like those insurance cards I thought I lost
D - dump: the true junk mail

This should also help keep my desk clean and clear.  

Speaking of which, did you clean yours off using the REMOVE method?  I did and found $35!  It pays to organize!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment